Clean Cookie Dough Balls
I think this is about as clean as a cookie dough ball can be... And it tastes like a real treat! I see these kind of fridge treats on my feed all the time, but I always kind of breeze passed them. I don't have the biggest sweet tooth, and if I ever get the craving, I let myself indulge in the real thing. But I was recently diagnosed with some major tummy troubles and have had to cut out all sugar for a while. So it seemed like the perfect time to give these guys a go!
They are gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and vegan... Did I lose you?? I swear somehow they are still yummy.
- 1/3 Cup of Almond flour ((its just finely ground up almonds))
- 1/3 Cup of Almond butter ((you can use any seed/nut butter you like if you want to switch up the almond, this was just all I had))
- 1/3 Cup of Gluten Free Oats
- A few drops of Vanilla Stevia ((I have this one - also GREAT for a clean coffee/matcha sweetener))
- Lily's dark chocolate chips ((cleanest choc chips around, also great with a raspberry))
- Pinch of salt ((pink Himalayan for me, always))
WHAT TO DO
- Mix up all the ingredients and taste for sweetness.
- Form into little balls and pop them into the freezer on wax paper for an hour
- Melt some of the Lily's chocolate chips in a double boiler and roll the balls around to get them all coated
- Place back on wax paper and add a little sea salt flake on top if you're keen
- Back in the freezer to set.
It makes about 12 balls, but it's hard to be sure because they went so fast!
IF YOU WANT TO BE EXTRA
I've seen a lot of people add fun stuff like protein powder or collagen powder to their little fridge balls. I wasn't trying to disguise mine as anything good for me, I was just trying to avoid the bad stuff. But adding these could be fun!