Lite Bright Salad
My favorite kind of weather is HOT. I love my crop tops + aperol spritz and summer is their time to shine. The thing about warm weather though is that you don't want to eat a lot, ya know? It's kind of the worst feeling to be uncomfortably full AND hot. And also, there goes your crop top...
This salad is summer PERFECTION. I whipped up a big batch and invited all my favorite girls over to enjoy it with some rosé. I was a little nervous about serving my babes mostly raw cauliflower, but everyone loved it!!
I opened the wine early ((aka as soon as the first babe arrived)) and set out a little something to nibble on...
I'm not one to make a fuss about anything really, so to make my life easy, I bought two bags of sweet potato chips and whipped up some cilantro sauce to go with... ((cilantro sauce recipe ova here)).
This fed 6 ((beautiful + happy)) girls...
- 1 whole head of butter lettuce ((I used my fave living lettuce, can't really make a salad without it))
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced ((buy it riced if you wanna be easy))
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 avocados
- 1 apple - slice it up thin ((I only ended up using about half))
- 1 shallot - slice it up super thin
- HUGE handfuls of parsley + mint
- 4 TBSPS of mustard ((I used a REALLY grainy one))
- 3 TBSPS of honey
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- All the juice + zest from one lime
- Salt + pepper
- Splash of water
THROW IT TOGETHER
- Roast up your chickpeas - drain + rinse them, dump them on a baking sheet, sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and chili powder ((if you like heat)); Bake at 400 for 25ish minutes and get them nice and crunchy
- All dressing ingreds go into a mason jar and then shake, shake, shake!
- Literally throw all salad ingredients together in a big bowl while your chickpeas are finishing getting roasted. Wait to dress the salad until you are serving so it doesn't get soggy
It's seriously SO easy to whip up, it's a crowd pleaser, AND no one will leave feeling like they need to be rolled home!
Not to mention you will feel good about injecting a little wellness into your friends ;)