Do you brush your lips? Because I do... I keep a special toothbrush in my vanity specifically to brush my lips.
Just like dry brushing your bod, dry brushing your lips gets your circulation flowing. Circulation in your lips = a plump pout! Brushing them also gets rid of dead//dry skin, which is just NOT CUTE.
I used to LOVE those lip glosses that made your lips all tingly and pouty... God knows what's in them though. Now when I want to get a little crazy, I mix a teeny bit of cayenne pepper into my Lucas Papaw for the same effect... But that's a little extreme and I don't exactly recommend it...
A less extreme + irritating tip I recently discovered is PEPPERMINT OIL. Yes, essential oils are once again here to save the day.
I dab a little drop of peppermint oil on my lips...
Then whip out my brush and give a firm but gentle brush...
My pout is left rosy + plump!! You can either leave them like that, or reach for your fave lippy since they are now perfectly prepped.
Seriously, get on board.
WHY PEPPERMINT OIL?
- The essential oils help soothe and relive dry, chapped lips - lips are pinkest when they are happy + nourished
- It creates a cooling sensation that gets the circulation GOING, which creates a little plumpage ((and a tingly sensation))
- Always use 100% pure essential oil - no mineral oil, thanks!
- You are supposed to dilute pure essential oils in some sort of carrier oil ((olive, coconut, almond)) because they are super concentrated. I don't do this and have never had an issue, but maybe try spot testing the oil on your arm or wrist just in case!
- As for the brush - the stiffer, the better! ;)