A Coconut Lime Salmon + "Rice" Situation
You may have spotted this little baby on my insta story the other day... it's INCRED! It won the praise of a guy who claimed it was "really, really, GOOD food"...ha.
I love white rice. Right?? I mean who doesn't? I grew up eating Colombian chicken + rice like every day. But nutritionally, it doesn't do us any favors. A bunch of starch and sugar that you just don't need. Peeps have caught on, so now "cauliflower rice" is a thing. It has the consistency of rice and can take on a multitude of flavors.
Like coconut + lime!
COCONUT LIME SALMON FILLETS
I got wild-caught salmon fillets from the fish monger at Whole Foods so they were SUPER fresh. You'll also need some limes, garlic and a can of coconut milk.
- Put each fillet in a little tinfoil packet
- In each packet, pour a splash of coconut milk, a squeeze of lime ((zest it first if you're feeling fancy)), pinch of salt, and some raw chopped garlic
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 until done
COCONUT LIME CAULIFLOWER "RICE"
Do yourself a favor and just buy the cauliflower riced! Whole Foods + Trader Joe's always stock it. Otherwise, buy a whole head and go to town with a grater... I used half a bag to feed 3 people ((and one was a hungry boy))
- Start by sauteing half a white onion in a pan with coconut oil
- Add some garlic when the onion is soft
- Toss in the riced cauliflower and season with salt
- Pour the remainder of the coconut milk on top
- Squeeze one lime ((zest it first!))
- Stir it around and simmer until all the milk is absorbed
Cauliflower rice is such a great option when you're feeling "carb-y". Salmon and coconut milk are full of good fats that will feed your brain!