Sweet Potato "Toasts" with Avo + Black Beans
This is HARDLYYY a recipe, but I shared it on my Instagram story over the weekend and many peeps asked for the deets... so here we are!!
Sweet Potato "Toasts" are currently having their 15 minutes of fame. I've see them topped with everything from almond butter + bananas to avos + toms. I went the avo route ((because, duh)) and threw some black beans into the mix.
HERE'S HOW I DID IT...
- Slice up a sweet potato into "toasts", about a 1/4 inch thick
- Bake at 400 for 12 minutes, then flip them and bake another 12 minutes
- Mash up an avocado ((or two))
- Drain a tin of black beans + mix them in, season with salt + pepper
- Top with red onion
WHY DO WE LOVE IT?
Besides the fact that it's super easy + tastes bomb??
- SWEET POTATOES are a great ((GF!)) source of fiber
- AVO as we know, is my fave healthy fat + brain food
- BLACK BEANS got your back with protein!