How to Detox After Going a Little Cray
Well, babes, IT'S UN-OFFICIALLY SUMMER! Did everyone have a good MDW?? Did anyone else eat their weight in chips + guac?? Drink a river's worth of spicy margaritas?? ...Anyone?? Cool because I'm here to get you back on track...
Before we delve into which green foods you should be ingesting by the pound, I think it's important to address MENTALITY. There's a big focus on being healthy and conscious of what we put in/on our bodies, but at the end of the day, there are going to be times when it all just flies out the window. Holidays, birthdays, celebrations are exactly that - celebrations! I'm so over hearing people complain the day after indulging and seeing how guilty they feel, or how hard they are on themselves. What's the point in being good all the time if you're not going to enjoy the few moments when you're not? Live a little, okay?? If you, LIKE ME, had a great weekend but now maybe aren't feeling too hot, just take a second, BREATHE, blend up a bulletproof coffee to get that brain going, have a moment of gratitude for the fun times, remember that your bod WILL go back to normal soon enough, and then drive to Whole Foods. K?
Well this one's a no-brainer, am I right?? We've covered the benefits of this little elixir. Great on any regular day ((I can't really live without it)) but SUPER effective on a day like today, where you're in the red a little. Apple Cider Vinegar helps your bod to balance it's pH levels and maintain an alkaline state ((versus acidic)). AND in the process of doing that it detoxifies the liver! Turmeric ((my love)) also helps to get rid of the acid leftover from alcohol. Then it keeps working to de-bloat you and helps with nausea, win win!
Drink up! After that, lemon water the rest of the day for you!
This little salad is full of nutritional goodness that will bring you + your liver back to life. You're welcome
- BIG handfuls of roasted broccoli + roasted Brussels sprouts + some massaged Kale ((these cruciferous veggies are going to detoxify your liver; not exactly helpful in the bloating department, but the roasting and massaging should help))
- Roasted Asparagus - let's flush out some toxins, shall we??
- Some fresh red onion - onions help balance out your blood sugar levels ((which are a little out of whack after drinking)), have heaps of vitamins + are a great source of folic acid
- Avocado - a little healthy fat to get the brain working again
- Crack sauce - This is the only dressing I ever put on salads, I'm addicted in a MAJOR WAY ((Fresh lemon, Olive Oil, raw garlic, cayenne pepper)
Sweat out some toxins and then get amazing sleep to recharge + start over tomorrow! ((Deets on how to run a detox bath here))
You got this, babes!